Talk to a Parent
One of PEN’s strengths is our large network of parents. And one of the best ways to find out about a school is to get perspectives from parents like Teri Griffith, featured in this interview clip from the Go Public documentary project. We encourage you to contact one or more of our PEN Parent Ambassadors to get their first-hand perspectives of the schools you’re considering.
We have volunteer Parent Ambassadors at elementary, middle, and high schools throughout PUSD. Even if you’ve already met some parents on a school tour, at our programs, or at a coffee, we encourage you to contact our Parent Ambassadors directly by email or phone. (If name listed without email link or phone, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to be put in touch!)
Contact a PEN Parent Ambassador…
- If you have a specific question about a school
- If you want to attend a PTA or other parent meeting at the school
- If you want to attend a school event to find out what the school community is like
- If you want to start developing relationships on campus prior to school starting
- If you want to be connected starting the first day of school
Elementary School PEN Ambassadors
Leigh Ann Samuel
Roosevelt (grades pre-K-14)
Be a Parent Ambassador!
Washington STEM Magnet Elementary
Maria Chavez de Gonzalez
Middle School PEN Ambassadors
Wilson Middle School
High School PEN Ambassadors
Interested in becoming a Parent Ambassador?
Contact PEN's Program Director Susan Schwartz for more information. We are also looking for parents of preschool-aged children who can help us reach out to your local preschool, daycare, or parent group.